November 23, 2023
ForewordHello everyone, I'm Mr. Lin. In wireless transmission of low current projects, use of bridges has become very common. Today I will introduce Hikvision elevator bridge to you. TextHardware connection
The elevator bridge comes with its own POE power supply at factory. The POE port on power supply can be connected to POE port on device using a network cable to supply power to device. LAN2 port) is connected to camera end of LAN switch (transmitting end) POE power supply The LAN port (or LAN1/LAN2 port on device) can be connected to IPC, elevator gateway, advertising screen and other equipment at same time.
How to install
The black case is connected to switch or NVR from computer room side, and white case is connected to IPC from camera side. Through network bridge, monitoring video data in elevator is transmitted to monitoring center, and at same time, it can transmit advertising screens and IoT data transmission elevator. As shown below:
Because bridge uses wireless transmission, environmental influences should be avoided as much as possible to ensure transmission quality. When installing, try to make sure that network bridge is installed directly, avoiding obstacles in middle of network bridge, and installation position should not be as close to corner of wall as possible to avoid multipath reflections that interfere with signal.
When end of engine room is at top of elevator shaft
1. The end of camera is mounted on top of vehicle face up and secured to vehicle with cable ties.
2. The end of engine room is installed at upper end of shaft with front side down and fixed in a ceiling way. The steps are as follows
A few notes on setting up a wireless bridge
1. Make good protection against rain, dust and insulation. The connecting part of network bridge, POE and network camera should be protected from rain and dust. The connecting part of network cable and network bridge should usually be wrapped with two to three layers of waterproof tape, and try not to expose crystal head; connecting part of network cable and network camera should also be wrapped with two or three layers of waterproof tape or insulating tape, all power connectors should be insulated as much as possible.
2. Installation and fastening of bridge equipment. When installing network bridge, you must first fix bracket. If bracket is not stable, it will directly affect stability of microwave signal transmission. When attaching network bridge to bracket, securely fasten network bridge according to attachment method shown in figure below. During installation, because surface of bracket is relatively smooth, if you directly tighten U-clamp with nuts, it may take a long time and rain water bracket will get wet in open air. The surface will rust and contact between fork and bracket will loosen.
3. Wire selection and length control. Control length of network cable to ensure best transmission effect. The effective transmission distance of twisted pair (network cable) of best material is 100m, CAT5e or CAT6 type wire. Because bridge uses POE power supply, network cable not only transmits data flow, but also supplies power to bridge, so network cable is too long or material is not suitable for use. Use CAT5e or CAT6 cables to connect bridge and POE, and length should not exceed 25m.
Reminder from editor:
No matter what type of POE is used, its interface is defined same way. The network port marked "DATA IN" on POE can be connected to network devices such as network cameras, switches, computers, etc., and network port marked "P + DATA OUT". The port must be connected to a bridged device, and care must be taken when connecting so as not to burn device due to incorrect connection.
4. Proper connection of network devices such as network bridges, POE power supplies, network cameras or switches. There are generally three interfaces on a POE power supply: a power interface (usually DC input), a POE network port (only used to connect to RJ45 port of a bridge device), a network port, or a LAN port (can be connected to any Ethernet port). port-based network equipment such as: IP cameras, switches, routers, computers, NVRs, etc.).
5. The standard for production of network cable and choice of its type. Network cabling standards currently in use are usually developed in accordance withdefinition of a national standard. It is recommended to use basic line sequence standard T568B for making network cables. The standards are:
T568B: white orange, orange, white green, blue, white blue, green, white brown, brown
The bridge device is powered by POE. It is recommended to use national standard T568B line sequence for making network cable. Since all network devices are self-adapting Ethernet ports, it is highly recommended to use them when connecting a bridge device to POE or a switch to connect to POE National standard type T568B type straight-through cable (that is, both ends of network cable are national standard type T568B type linear sequences).
6. Lightning protection. Network bridge equipment is generally installed outdoors outdoors, and lightning protection measures must be taken; The equipment itself has a built-in lightning protection circuit, and lightning protection ground (GND) terminal is reserved outside equipment. Proper lightning protection and grounding method: The pole on which network bridge is fixed is usually equipped with a lightning rod, and network bridge ground terminal should use a copper core wire (usually 4mm²) to connect to lightning. protective conductor to earth.
7. Processing of feeder connections. For outdoor high-power bridge equipment, it is necessary to install an external antenna due to long transmission distance, and a feeder connection between antenna and equipment is also required. At same time, all joints of feeder connecting equipment with antenna must be protected from rain and dust, wrapped with two or three layers of waterproof tape or insulating tape, try not to expose feeder joints to air. .
Note. The end of computer room must be installed under load-bearing wall, and network bridge cannot pass through load-bearing wall, which will cause serious signal attenuation.
When end of machine room is at bottom of shaft, end of camera must be installed at bottom of cab (left image below), and end of machine room can be directly stacked and placed on bracket. (right image below)
In this case, installation topology diagram is shown in figure below:
Troubleshooting common problems
Why can't SADP finder find bridge?
This is normal, elevator bridge itself does not support SADP lookup.
How can I check if front camera is disabled?
1. The computer is directly connected to LAN port of receiving bridge (or LAN port of poe module) and pings transmitting side's IP address to see if it can be pinged. this means that connection between bridges is not established. Check if power of bridge is normal. If bridge is working properly, check configuration of bridge, check if SSID and channel (frequency) settings match (as shown in figure below), and channels and SSIDs of devices on both ends must be same. Also, if you have multiple pairs of bridges on same LAN, you must change IP address of each pair of bridges.
2. The computer connected to receiving bridge can ping sending bridge and external interface, but switch connected to receiving bridge cannot ping front camera. Set bridge mode of transmitting side and receiving side on WDS client and WDS access point respectively (as shown in figure below), check switch configuration to make sure that port on which bridge is located and port on which computer is located are in same vlan, and can they communicate with each other.
What should I do if my screen freezes after crossing a bridge?
Screen freezing is usually caused by low signal strength, poor connection quality, or wireless signal interference. The troubleshooting method is as follows:
1. Low signal and poor link quality issue: Enter bridge to check signal strength of bridge on both transmitting and receiving sides. The signal level is greater than -60 dBm, which is a strong signal level. If it is less than -60, it is recommended to check bridge. Whether installation position is correct enough, whether it is facing installation and whether there is any shelter in middle, check from installation point of view.
2. Wireless Signal Interference: It is recommended to search for surrounding wireless signals on the bridge first and avoid channels with dense wireless signals. It is recommended to select non-standard channels to avoid interference from other wireless signals.