November 10, 2023
Low current usually refers to DC circuits or audio, video lines, network lines, telephone lines, and AC voltage usually does not exceed 36 V. Home appliances such as telephone, computer, TV signal input (cable TV line) , audio equipment (output line) and other household appliances, are low current electrical equipment.
Conceptually, strong electricity and weak electricity are generally easy to distinguish, and main difference lies in different purposes. Strong electricity is used as a power source. Weak electricity is used as signal electricity. Voltage is not a way to tell strong electricity from weak electricity.
Do not allow two kinds of wires to be connected when connecting
Wires are divided into strong wires and weak wires. When laying wires, these two types of wires must not be put together. They must be wrapped in foil, otherwise wires will interfere with each other. . Therefore, it is necessary to separate strong and weak wires. This is only way to increase service life of wires. If strong and weak wires cross, then you need to protect wires with electrical tape.
How to distinguish strong electricity from weak?
1. The main element of how to distinguish strong electricity from weak electricity is voltage. Strong electricity has a higher voltage, usually greater than or equal to 220V, voltage below 220V is weak electricity. Strong electricity conducts electrical energy, while weak electricity conducts signals. For example, electric shavers and flashlights conduct electricity that is classified as strong electricity, and it is very incorrect to judge them as weak electricity just because power source is two dry batteries and voltage is relatively low.
2. High voltage includes strong electricity, and strong electricity does not necessarily refer to high voltage; low voltage includes weak electricity, and weak electricity must belong to low voltage; low voltage does not necessarily mean strong electricity, and strong electricity does not necessarily mean low voltage. The strong electrical wire has a thicker plastic insulation layer, diameter of copper core is large, and copper conductor of inner layer consists of one or more bare wires. The voltage and current of low current wire is small, so insulation layer is relatively thin, and diameter of copper core wire is relatively small, and it is composed of more than two thin insulated wires.
3. Conceptually speaking, strong electricity and weak electricity are generally easy to distinguish, and main difference lies in difference in usage. Strong electricity is used as a power source, and weak electricity is used to transmit information. In particular, they roughly differ as follows:
(1) AC frequency is different: frequency of strong electricity is generally 50Hz (hertz), which is called "mains frequency", which means frequency of industrial electricity: frequency of weak electricity is often high frequency or super high frequency, expressed in KHz ( kilohertz), MHz (megahertz) meter.
(2) Different transmission methods: strong electricity is transmitted through power lines, and weak electricity is divided into wired and wireless. Radio transmits in electromagnetic waves.
(3) Power, voltage and current are different in magnitude. Strong electrical power is measured in KW (kilowatt), MW (megawatt), voltage is measured in V (volt), KV (kilovolt), current is measured in A (ampere) , ToA (kiloampere), weak electrical power is measured in W (watts), mW (milliwatts), voltage is measured in V (volts), mV (millivolts), current is measured in mA (milliamps), μA (microamps), so its circuit may be formed by a printed circuit board or an integrated circuit.
Of course, in strong electricity there are high-frequency (hundreds of kHz) and medium-frequency equipment, but voltage is higher and current is greater. Flashlights and electric shavers are another example, although voltage is very low, power and current are very small, they still become very electrified. With development of modern technology, weak current has penetrated into high current field, such as power electronic devices, wireless remote control, etc., but they can only be considered as part of high current weak current control, which is still different from high current charged.
The above is basic knowledge of high and low current introduced by editor? How to distinguish strong electricity from weak? We have already made understanding and understanding of problem of strong and weak electricity, whether it is strong electricity or weak electricity, is still quite useful in our life, so we must make a correct distinction, and we must also learn to distinguish between strong and weak electricity, so that only when properly used, it can be beneficial to our lives.