November 08, 2023
Pan/tilt as an accessory to install and fix camera is an important part of monitoring. Today we will summarize possible troubles and solutions for pan/tilt.Code turn lamp not flashing
Software settings (the indicator is not blinking, mainly because code converter is not working, start with software settings to solve this problem):
1. Decoder settings in software (decoder protocol, COM port, baud rate, parity bit, data bit, stop bit).
2. Replace COM port (check if COM port is damaged).
3. Hardware, after above settings, still can not be used normally, open converter interface from 9-pin to 25-pin. Check wiring of 2-2, 3-3, 5-7, if it is correct, check if power supply of encoder is normal (use a multimeter to check voltage and current (9V, 500mA)), if there is no problem, you can determine that encoder code is damaged.Can't manage codec
In decoder, relay does not beep:
1. Check if decoder is enabled.
2. Check if code converter is connected to output signal 485.
3. Check if decoder protocol setting is correct.
4. Check if baud rate setting matches decoder (Check if address code setting matches selected camera (please refer to decoder manual for detailed address code setting table).
5. Check wiring between decoder and encoder (1-485A, 2-B; some decoders 1-485B, 2-A)
6. Check if decoder is working normally (the old decoder turns on within one minute after power off, whether there is a self-test sound; when software controls pan/tilt, there will be a buzz between UP, DOWN, AUTO ports of decoder and PTCOM port there is a voltage change, change depends from decoder (24VOR220V, some decoders have switch signal changes on these ports), if there is, then decoder is working normally, otherwise it is a decoder failure 7. Check if fuse of decoder is blown. stabilizer
1. Check if sixth item above is normal.
2. Whether output voltage of 24V or 220V power port of decoder is normal.
3. Apply power directly to UP, DOWN and PTCOM lines of stabilizer and check if stabilizer can work normally.
4. Check if power supply interface is connected correctly.
5. Check whether circuit is connected correctly (the old decoder uses UP, DOWN and other lines to directly supply power to pan/tilt with PTCOM, and each line can be directly connected to camera, and each line is pan/tilt; some decoders use an independent interface food.Some PTZ control functions cannot be used
1. UI not working (can't click or click unanswered)
1. Follow steps above to test code porting.
2. Install appropriate PTZ control patch.
3. Notify supplier.
2. When pressed, code enable indicator lights up or there is a relay in decoder, but some functions cannot be controlled
1. Check correct connection of unmanaged functional parts,
2. Is stabilizer, lens and other equipment in good condition,
3. Whether decoder function port voltage and whether switch output is normal.
3. Stabilizer does not move normally during control
If rotation cannot be stopped, please test port separately first (enable port directly to control), if everything is ok, check if corresponding decoder port is working properly
Fourthly, when you open program, video will create a mosaic
Contact supplier for software
In addition to above problems, there are a few more problems associated with stabilizer failure. For example, stabilizer sometimes works fine and sometimes not. This will cause stabilizer to malfunction, which may damage stabilizer. cardan in long run. Another problem is problem of interference. It often happens that cloud moves all time to left or right, or when there is no control, gimbal will rotate by itself. This is due to attenuation and interference of transmitted signal. .