September 28, 2023
There is a close relationship between LCD panels and LCD monitors. The performance, quality and other factors of LCD panels are closely related to quality, price and trends of LCD market. Among them, LCD panel is associated with parameters such as response time, color, viewing angle and contrast that players value most. Xiamen Jisujia Technology will help you understand how to distinguish performance and quality of LCD monitors from LCD panels?
Our conventional LCD screens are ordinary LCD panels such as TV screens, monitor screens and mobile phone screens. Consider types of screen panels:
Types of LCD panels
1. Type VA: VA type LCD panels are widely used in modern displays. Among high-end products, most obvious specifications are 16.7 million colors (8-bit panel) and wide viewing angle. There are currently two types of VA panels: MVA and PVA.
2. MVA type: full name (Multi-domain Vertical Alignment), multi-quadrant vertical alignment technology. It uses protrusions to make liquid crystal immovable, instead of traditional vertical type, but at a certain angle; when a voltage is applied to make liquid crystal molecules horizontal and allow backlight to pass, speed is higher, which can greatly shorten display time, and also due to change in projection. The arrangement of liquid crystal molecules provides a wider viewing angle. The viewing angle can be increased to more than 160 degrees, and the response time can be reduced to less than 20 ms.
3. PVA Type: This is type of panel introduced by Samsung, and it is vertical image adjustment technology. This technology directly changes structure of liquid crystal block, greatly improves display efficiency, and can provide better brightness and contrast than MVA. In addition, improved S-PVA and P-MVA have been extended based on these two types. In terms of technological development, viewing angle can reach 170 degrees, response time can be controlled within 20ms (Overdrive acceleration can reach 8ms GTG), and contrast ratio can easily exceed high level of 700:1.
4. IPS type: IPS type LCD panels have advantages of large viewing angle, good color reproduction, etc., and they look transparent, which is also identification of IPS type LCD panels. Many PHILIPS LCD monitors use IPS type panels. S-IPS is second generation of IPS technology, which introduces some new technologies to improve grayscale inversion phenomenon in IPS mode at certain angles. Independent panel manufacturers LG and Philips have also launched LCD panels with ips technology.
5. TN type: This type of LCD panel is used for entry-level and mid-range products. It is affordable and inexpensive and is choice of many manufacturers. Technically, it is slightly inferior to first two types of LCD panels in terms of technical characteristics. It can't display 16.7M bright colors, but can only display 16.7M colors (6-bit panel), but response time is easy to improve. The viewing angle is also limited, usually no more than 160 degrees. At present, most common products on market are TN LCD panels or TN enhanced panels.
6. CPA Type: This is an exclusive panel owned by Sharp. The color reproduction of CPA panel is correct, viewing angle is excellent, image is delicate, price is expensive, Sharp rarely sells CPA panels to other manufacturers. This is a variant of same VA panel that is very rare on market today. (This screen panel is most convenient to view)
Currently, there is no truly perfect LCD panel on market, so one can only understand that PVA panels are superior to TN panels in terms of viewing angle and contrast, but due to release of PVA panel, average people cannot afford them.
Official account: Very fast