Access control system installation, maintenance, common problems and solutions
1. Installing and debugging an access control system
1. Power Supply:
Make sure there is enough power, try using a linear power supply, and door lock and controller need to be powered separately. The power supply should be installed as close as possible to electrical equipment to avoid interference and transmission losses.
It is divided into power line, communication line and signal line. When connecting, pay attention to separation of strong and weak lines. The distance between two tubes must be greater than 20 cm.
The wire diameter is thick enough to use stranded wires.
Signal and communication lines:
Use Category 5 shielded twisted-pair cable. Among them, 485 bus must be connected with a twisted-pair wire. When buying wires, it is recommended to use four-core shielded wires 4 * 0.5.
Please note following:
1) Shielded wires must not be used as connecting wires for 0 V (ground)
2) Each shield loop can have only one earth terminal.
3) If shielded loop cannot be grounded, shielded wire can be connected to another shielded network loop.
4) The signal grounds of each module must be connected together.
5) If there is a break in middle of line, it must be soldered with a soldering iron and insulated.
6) Do not run network cables together with an AC power source.
7) If network connection exceeds 1000 meters, you need to add a repeater, after which it can be increased by another 1000 meters.
3. Pay attention to choice of installation location to prevent electromagnetic interference.
1) Card Reader
Do not install on metal objects, distance between two card readers should be at least 30 cm, it is better to supply power through controller. If card reader is powered independently from an external source, use a linear regulated power supply (transformer) to power card reader, and negative DC pole cannot be connected to AC ground terminal.
2) Network adapter
The relationship between
and controller is direct.
For non-isolated controllers, it is recommended to use same power supply.
When installing magnetic lock, make sure that lock body and relay plate can fit together tightly, otherwise suction will be insufficient. Electric mortise lock, if you need to open socket when installing electric mortise lock, please note that diameter of hole must be large enough and depth must be deep enough so that lock tongue can be fully inserted. The lock tongue cannot be fully inserted, and lock tongue will jump continuously after door is locked, or operating current will always be high and lock body will become hot.
2. Common faults and maintenance methods of an access control system
1. A valid card cannot open door
1) Check electric lock, check power supply or replace electric lock.
2) If lock tongue and buckle are mechanically stuck, repair mechanical problem or replace parts.
3) Check indicator on control board to see if communication between control board and module is normal, and troubleshoot.
4) Check if communication between card reader and module is normal and troubleshoot.
5) Is information day closing command set? Adjust opening time using software.
6) Whether operator initializes access control system or re-authorizes other commands using software.
2. Access Control Link Error
1) Check if serial port is configured correctly (identify serial port being used)
2) Check for a short or open in access control communication bus (except for a short or open in communication line)
3) Check that communication chip 75184 of RS485 communication card is not damaged (replace communication chip 75148)
4) The RS485 communication board is damaged (replace RS485 communication board)
5) Check if network cable die head is well made, check if network cable is connected, and ping address of access control controller.
3. Access control entries cannot be retrieved
Clear Access Controller, Reload Time
4. Card reader LED always green, no card read, door lock always open, communication normal
1) The operator sets status of access control device to normally open, or for other reasons controller is in normally open state;
2) Controller failure;
How to deal with it:
Set door lock controller to normal, if problem persists, replace controller.
5. IC card is unreadable
1) IC card is set to valid card swipe time when IC card is authorized (it can be set to valid card swipe all day long)
2) The access controller gets very hot (replace access control board).
3) Read and write access control antenna (Adjust fine tuning capacitor to increase card reading distance)
6: Communication between computer and controller is unstable, good or bad, no fixed rule.
1) Use of incompatible signal lines or defective signal lines;
2) The laying of signal line is not standardized, for example, signal line and power line pass through same pipe;
Summary of ten common access control lock failures
1. Question: Why does magnetic lock make a lot of noise when door is closed?
a. Check if rubber gasket is installed.
b. Check end of iron plate to see if screw is too loose.
c. Check if distance between magnetic lock body and suction cup is correct.
2. Q: Why can't iron plate stick firmly after magnetic lock has been used for a certain period of time?
a. Check if output signal of power supply "power and voltage" 1A/12V/24V has decreased.
b.Check if there are foreign objects (such as dust, rust, foreign objects, etc.) on surface of magnet.
3. Q: Why does iron plate of magnetic lock often need to be adjusted?
a. Check if iron plate is equipped with pins.
b. Check if there is a rubber gasket on iron plate.
c. The customer is advised to install screw on "screw retainer".
4. Q: After suction of iron plate, there is a slight vibration, and suction is not enough?
a. Check whether main surface of magnetic lock is fully attached to iron plate and there are no foreign objects, or loosen iron plate and try.
b. Check if voltage and current are sufficient.
5. Question: Why does magnetic lock have an adjustable delay but does not work?
a. The "delay adjustment" of magnetic lock starts timing after power is turned on, not after door is closed.
b. The magnetic lock delay is 0, 3, 6 and 9 seconds. Check your settings and make sure time is set to 9 seconds.
6. Q: Why does magnetic lock turn on, but red LED is dim and cannot be sucked?
Check if there is enough voltage to power electromagnetic lock (should provide current 1A / voltage 12V)
7. Question: Why does magnetic lock turn on power, but when it is pulled, red LED is on, and green one does not light up?
The induction element of magnetic lock may be damaged and needs to be replaced.
8. Q: Why can't I use two-door magnetic lock for a while?
Two-door magnetic lock consumes a lot of power, check if there is enough power (is it sufficient for required current and voltage of two-door electromagnetic lock, or is there any line loss).
9. Q: Why doesn't magnetic lock work with controller?
Check if "output" pin of controller is correct.
10. Q: How to distinguish between high and low level magnetic locks, good or bad?
A simple and effective way is to choose a branded lock