September 07, 2023
Data centers are brains of modern society, and their role is increasingly growing. Infrastructure directly affects safe, efficient, environmentally friendly and stable operation of data center. How to properly maintain computer room, detect hidden dangers and resolve problems in time, reduce management costs, improve operation and maintenance efficiency, and control energy consumption have become focus of managers.
To achieve these goals, data center users need to quickly detect and isolate problems, and learn from experience and knowledge to quickly resolve problems; data center users also need to effectively control various resources and assets of data center, improve Improve efficiency of daily operation and maintenance, use various resources more intelligently; due to increase in data center energy consumption, general promotion of energy conservation and emission reduction, and need for enterprises to control costs, how to save energy and build green data centers, has become focus of operations and data center managers who hope to find energy-saving space, understanding data center power consumption.Construction goals
Create a suite of infrastructure monitoring and management systems that integrate data center monitoring and management to help large data center users manage their data centers more easily and in a standardized way. To achieve this goal, it can be divided into following sub-goals:
1. Improve your ability to track and detect problems and hidden dangers:
Central monitoring of on-site assets and IT equipment enables early problem detection, accurate fault location, and clear and reliable alarm notification through monitoring platform's early warning and alarm functions, so that most problems are detected before they occur. how accident will happen. , and emergency response is carried out From maintenance to preventive maintenance.
2. Effectively control use of power, cooling and space, and improve efficiency of infrastructure usage:
Effectively manage capacity of various resources such as power, cooling, and data center space, track and record power, cooling, and space usage, recommend suitable IT deployment locations, and ensure that various infrastructures are properly used and serviced Predict when data center space, power and cooling infrastructure will be exhausted and additional capacity will be required.
3. Accurately track and verify assets in real time to manage your data centers more efficiently:
Track and record data center assets so that data center managers can easily and quickly locate assets, understand asset lifecycle information, and more.active, and equipment managers can dynamically monitor inventory changes for spare parts and receive additional reminders.
4. Scientific and accurate monitoring of data center power consumption status to provide data for evaluating data center energy savings:
According to "Data Center Energy Testing Standards and Implementation Rules", provide scientific and accurate energy monitoring and analysis data for data center managers, and provide energy saving assessment for power, cooling and other data center systems to ensure energy-saving planning and design of data center, technical transformation of energy-saving data center, and use of energy-saving equipment provide data support.Monitoring range
The scope of monitoring and management of this program mainly includes following content:
1. Power control part: mains, distribution switch, UPS, battery, precision switch cabinet, AC/DC switch cabinet, static switch cabinet (STS) and dynamic switch cabinet (ATS), lightning protection, power generation. Machine status and other parameters.
2. Environmental monitoring part: precision air conditioner / conventional air conditioner, new / exhaust fan, temperature and humidity, water leakage, lighting.
3. Part of security monitoring: access control, video, fire alarm, theft detection.
4.IT equipment: servers, switches, routers, firewalls and other equipment for SNMP management.
5. Capacity management for power, cooling, space, and other data center resources.
6. Data Center Asset Information
7. PUE (Power Usage Efficiency) of Data Center, CLF (Cooling Load Factor) of Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Load Factor, PLF (Power Load Factor) of UPS Power Supply and DistributionActual demand system structure functional module
Including large screen display, e-map, authorization management, equipment management, alarm management, log management, reporting system, statistical analysis, data storage, data management, dual machine hot backup.