July 02, 2023
On January 7, an electrician on Liuchang Road in Liuzhou City died of electric shock. When they found him, his arm was wrapped in wire.
February 12, in Gaodong Village, Gantou City, Fuqing City, father and son electricians were repairing a broken street lamp when son died of electric shock.
On March 27, an electrician in Yueyang City, Hunan Province, was accidentally electrocuted and died while working on a power pole.
We always say that professional work should be done by professionals, but electrical work is a high-risk activity, and even older electricians with proper certifications will still get electrocuted.
In addition to external factors such as weather and environment, some electric shock accidents are due to negligence of electricians. Remember these iron laws of safety, and you can save your life at critical moments!
1. Before restarting equipment, you must make sure that neutral line and phase line at both ends of wire are consistent with each other, and also make sure that load wires inside equipment are connected correctly and not damaged (especially repaired and old equipment).
2. In any case, after turning off circuit breaker during maintenance, you must double-check that it is energized before doing so.
3. It is strictly forbidden to break and close under load, and also to work without warning signs after turning off knife switch.
4. It is strictly forbidden to use electrical appliances and open flames in damp, flammable and explosive places without any protective measures.
5. Electricians are strictly forbidden to work with live electricity. If necessary, they must wear protective equipment when working with electricity. It is forbidden to connect a load or cut wire. When wiring, connect neutral wire first, and then the live wire.
6. It is strictly forbidden to purchase and use unqualified electrical equipment and tools with potential safety hazards, for example, color of cable core does not meet requirements for wiring, insulation of power tools and portable power tools is not certified, electrical design of equipment does not meet electrical safety requirements, etc.
7. When working in hazardous areas or high mountain narrow dangerous places, two people, one operator and one observer, should work.
8.Use power tools correctly.It is strictly forbidden to use power tools without double insulation or leakage protection measures, work safety equipment must be worn when working, and metal body of equipment must be grounded or grounded.Leakage level protection and grounding.
9. It is strictly forbidden to overload electrical power and distribution equipment, especially power cables, and work with overload.
10. It is strictly forbidden to place foreign objects and blockages in junction box, and control objects of each switch are clearly marked.
11. Unauthorized personnel are strictly prohibited from operating electrical equipment that is outside scope.
12. It is strictly forbidden to dismantle protective device of electrical equipment, and fuse used in electrical equipment must not be replaced with a metal wire, and must be suitable for capacity of equipment. No fuses are allowed on neutral line!
13. It is strictly forbidden to use plastic wires without double protection on a temporary construction site. The type and section of insulated wires used must correspond to design of power source.
14. It is strictly forbidden to wash electrical equipment. In event of an electrical fire, it is strictly forbidden to use conductive fire extinguishing agents to extinguish fire.
15. Never touch two-phase wires with both hands at same time when working on live wires. When connecting a single-phase power supply, connect neutral wire first and then live wire.
A stormy summer is coming. I hope all electricians need to pay attention to safety and work in strict accordance with rules and regulations in order to avoid irretrievable losses.
Thousands of systems, security first;
Homework is not standardized and relatives are crying.