June 01, 2023
With development of science and technology and progress of society, electronic camera technology has become widely used in many fields, such as commercial, civil, security, etc. It can be said that in today's human society, we are surrounded by "thick eyeliners", and behind cameras are watching our every move. So what is difference between a high resolution megapixel camera and a regular camera on market? How should we choose?
What is a megapixel lens
A megapixel lens, also known as a high definition lens, can only be called a megapixel lens when it reaches 720P. In past, in monitoring market, it was generally believed that clarity of 4CIF (704X576) or D1 (720480) interlaced images can be called a megapixel lens, while in broadcast and videoconferencing, D3 (19201080) interlaced images, i.e. progressive images 1080i or D4 (1280720) can be called megapixel. Megapixel lenses are divided into 1.5 megapixel lenses and 5 megapixel lenses.
The difference between a high resolution camera and a normal camera
1. Clarity is different
The resolution of lens is highest in center of image surface, and image at edges is relatively poor. While central resolution of ordinary lenses can mostly meet sharpness, sharpness at edges will be greatly reduced, and overall sharpness can meet requirements of ordinary cameras with a resolution of 440,000 pixels.
Key factors that determine lens sharpness:
①Lens material and cleanliness. The less contaminants in lens, less interference light it produces and sharper image; ②Precision lens grinding. The grinding precision of lens is determined by grinding equipment. At present, difference between domestic lens and foreign lens is reflected in this paragraph; ③The accuracy of lens coating and precise control of coating process is also one of factors that determine transparency of a lens.
In addition, megapixel lens uses an aspherical lens, which can reduce aberrations and achieve a miniaturized design while improving clarity compared to conventional lenses; thanks to special optical design technology, from center of image to periphery Image quality ensures high resolution and high contrast image, which is about 2.5 times higher than traditional lenses. Even when image is cropped or enlarged, image quality can still be guaranteed .
2. Various Spectral Transmission Options
The ability of lens to transmit spectrum also contributes to image clarity. Transmitting wide frequency light will greatly increase amount of light received by target surface of camera. The contrast and brightness of an image can be enhanced, and image details can be expressed more abundantly.
3. Differences in spectral correction capabilities
Only ability to transmit a wide spectrum is far from sufficient for a high-definition image. If spectral correction capability of lens is not sufficient, it will make some wavelengths of light unable to accurately display image on camera's target surface, resulting in virtual images. This technology cannot be achieved with conventional lenses through a coating.
1. The design of surveillance cameras is becoming more complex, degree of digital video signal processing is getting higher and higher, and functionality of machines is gradually being strengthened. There are many other points to consider when buying a surveillance camera, such as wide dynamic range function, which allows camera to suppress part of bright light and compensate for darker area when camera is exposed to bright light, so that you can get perfect image quality; there is also a day and night conversion function, which is still an important indicator for engineering companies and users when buying.
2. In fact, regardless of ordinary surveillance cameras or high-definition surveillance cameras, according to different places and requirements, we must choose one that suits us, and there is no need to blindly pursue high-definition. Of course, within our economic capacity, choosing a high-definition camera can better meet our monitoring needs.
3. Since differences in lens products are usually revealed after 3-6 months of use, it is recommended that you choose a camera from a reliable major manufacturer, and not blindly trust one-sided words of seller.