May 22, 2023
In a recent list of major platforms, Super Typhoon Lekima is at top of hot search. This No. 9 typhoon in 2019 has become king of winds this year, causing 6.51 million people in 6 provinces and 1.456 million cities to be urgently displaced and resettled. In typhoon conditions, safety surveillance equipment can replace manual labor with its real-time monitoring performance, detect flood conditions earlier, and give early warning signals in time. However, for outdoor security monitoring equipment, typhoon weather is a big problem.
The security surveillance equipment generally used outdoors can withstand common bad weather factors such as infrared radiation, waterproof, anti-fogging, rain and snow, etc. However, when extreme weather occurs, such as heavy rain, typhoon and hail, protection level of outdoor surveillance equipment is very important. So how are these devices supposed to deal with extreme weather conditions like typhoons?Weatherproof
1. When installing monitoring equipment, try to prepare for wind protection. The bracket must be installed as firmly as possible to avoid damage to equipment. If it can be installed under eaves, try to install it under eaves to avoid wind and rain Sun and rain.
2. When installing monitoring equipment, please try to choose a rain-proof monitoring equipment, or put monitoring equipment in a protective case, which can play a good role in protecting monitoring equipment in bad weather. A small wiper can be installed and it can still work smoothly in rainy weather. weather and can clearly monitor area that needs to be constantly monitored.
3. When installing monitor, try to place power supply equipment in machine room. If it needs to be placed next to camera, it is recommended to use a moisture-proof see-through box and open some small holes under box to facilitate heat dissipation.
4. Many technicians who track and install projects ignore common sense and some details. A lot of surveillance equipment is installed with outlets above our surveillance cameras, so that rainwater can easily run into camera screen along pipeline, causing damage to camera equipment and systems. The correct way should be that when line comes out, it is slightly below level of camera mounting bracket so that it forms a U-bend, and then inserted into camera's protective cover to prevent rainwater from entering. from falling into camera body due to loopholes in mounting technology, causing damage to equipment.Lightning protection
The security monitoring system has characteristics of low voltage and low current, so it is easy to be damaged by lightning. Security and lightning protection measures should be based on structure and purpose of control equipment, and various protection methods should be established.
1. Lightning protection of front equipment: The front equipment has two distribution methods: outdoor and indoor. In general, indoor distribution is not subject to direct lightning strike, but it is necessary to consider preventing lightning surge from intrusion into network. equipment, while outdoor equipment must be protected at same time. Attention should be paid to protection against direct lightning strikes. Forward equipment, such as cameras, should be located within effective lightning protection zone. For entry equipment that is not within protection zone of any lightning protection system, direct lightning protection should be provided and adequate external protection should be provided. outside.
2.Lightning protection of power lines: more than half of lightning accidents in monitoring system are caused by overvoltage of lightning penetration waves induced on lines connected to system. During installation of security products, attention should be paid to wiring method to effectively separate lightning current.
3.Lightning protection of terminal equipment: lightning protection of monitoring room is core of lightning protection of monitoring system, and should be carried out in terms of direct lightning protection, lightning penetration wave, equipotential bonding and surge protection.
In short, before designing and building a security monitoring system, geography, environment, and characteristics of protected facility where monitoring system is located must be fully considered. The location can provide a good lightning protection effect.
Finally, I would like to remind everyone
Although safety equipment is important
But in face of catastrophic weather