May 01, 2023
Installing a surveillance camera seems easy, but it's a complex problem. A little error will affect normal use of equipment. Listed below are 25 problems you will encounter when installing a surveillance camera. Check for omissions and fill in gaps!
1. How to change camera IP?
(1) Open camera control interface on computer browser, find network option, and enter address you want to change;
(2) In NVR, after finding camera, click "Edit" to enter changed address.
2. How to change address code of ball machine?
In general, speed domes do not need to change address code. There are two ways to change address code of analog dome machine:
(1) To change hard switch, there is a corresponding dial switch on ball machine movement, which is usually binary, and dial switch is set to desired address;
(2) Software modification, through preset position, call up menu of speed dome, it is possible to change address code, enter and modify.
3. How to determine millimeter of a lens?
In general, divide distance required for subject by 2 and then divide by 1000 to get number of millimeters of lens, and then adjust number of millimeters accordingly according to required shooting angle.
The focal length of camera lens is 2.8mm/4mm/6mm/8mm/12mm, etc. For each series of products, you can choose focal length of lens, which can meet shooting needs of various indoor and outdoor open air. Generally speaking, longer focal length, smaller field of view and longer viewing distance.
In real use scenarios, 2.8mm focal length is suitable for relatively narrow spaces such as elevators and stairs, while 4mm focal length is suitable for larger scenes such as conference rooms and shops, as well as more open spaces, such as parking lots, factory workshops, and backyards. In other places, you can choose a lens above 6mm, specific choice can be determined according to your needs.
4. Where is focus of camera adjusted?
There are "FOCUS" and "ZOOM" labels on side or back of camera, which can be adjusted with a screwdriver
5. How to choose a disk array?
Firstly, calculate storage capacity needed for all front camera images, divide it by capacity of one hard drive to get number of drives, add number of management drives needed for RAID and number of hot drives. spare disks and get number of disks in array.
6. How is network speed dome controlled?
NVR, client computer and network keyboard can control Network Ball machine.
7, what is 485?
Communication interface 485 is a hardware description of a communication interface, it only needs two communication lines, meaning it can transfer data between two or more devices. This connection is for transferringdata is a half-duplex communication method. The device can only send data or receive data. 485, used for security monitoring, usually refers to PTZ control interface. After setting protocol and speed between control device and controlled device, a control operation can be performed.
8. How to adjust optical fiber according to actual situation?
Select fiber type and number of fibers according to total number of fibers and transmission mode required by system's optical transmission equipment. Determine number of fibers according to required transmission distance.
9. How far should fiber optic transceiver be tuned?
Once network cable transmission distance has been exceeded (usually 100 meters), it is time to consider fiber optic transmission.
10. How to debug DVR remote control?
(1) In main menu, enter system settings - network settings - DDNS - check box to enable DDNS - select appropriate domain name service station in DDNS type - enter username and password registered on this site - Of course.
(2) Enter router where DVR is connected to Internet, find "Rules" option, add port and save it.
11. What is recording memory of a 3 millionth camera for one hour?
The storage space for a 1-hour video from a 3 millionth camera is about 3 GB. Depending on stream size set by camera, required amount of hard disk space will be different, but difference is not too big.
When 12 and 3 million connect to a nominal 16-channel 2 million DVR, should number of access channels be halved?
NVR Access Channels = Total NVR Bandwidth ÷ Camera Codestream.
13. How to choose all-in-one platform and decoder?
The all-in-one platform is a device that integrates decoding, control, splicing and other functions in one device. A decoder is simply decoding and wall uploading (gluing, screen splitting), which can be selected according to functional requirements of users.
14. What is role of a streaming media server?
When a large number of clients or surveillance webcams access network, ordinary DVRs cannot handle too much network load. At this time, a streaming media server is required to pass client access pressure to server.
15. Do I need a DVR when using a disk array?
The storage function of disk array where data is stored must be managed by storage server. Generally speaking, if there is a disk array inan ideographer is not needed.
16. What is difference between LED and matrix lamps?
These two lights are essentially same, but dot matrix lights are more powerful and last longer than conventional LED lights.
17. What if IPC is offline after being added?
(1) The IP address setting of IPC is not in same network segment as NVR address.
(2) The network connection is not smooth, check if all 8 cores of network cable are connected.
18. Why does screen turn black when previewing images using mobile client?
(1) Server device disabled
(2) The device added by client is incorrect, and IP address, port, username and password are incorrect
19. The monitor does not need a monitor. How can I connect it to my own desktop computer?
The RJ45 interface on VCR is connected to computer with a network cable, and VCR's image is accessed through computer's client software.
20. If you want to share part of video in a surveillance room to view in another surveillance room, how do you do it?
In an analog system, one signal can be sent to another surveillance room through a video distributor; network system can be directly connected with a network cable, and viewing image can be opened via a client computer.
21. When will encoder be used? NVS encoder?
English encoder name: NETVIDEO SERVER (network video server) is also called video encoder, and its function is to encode analog camera video signal into network signal. When an analog camera's video signal needs to be connected to a network system, an encoder is required.
IPC and NVR support two encoding standards: H.264 and H.265. The latter is a next-generation coding standard that can compress video to half size without losing image quality. In case of same bandwidth, H.265 can carry higher definition video.
22. Does elevator use an encoder? What are pros and cons?
The encoder is used in elevator because accompanying cable in elevator is only a coaxial cable and there is no network cable. When more economical and practical elevator network cables are popularized in market, it is recommended to consider using a network camera. The encoder's maximum resolution is WD1, which is not as high as network camera pixels.
23. How to connect centralized power supply of camera?
The so-called centralized power supply refers to back-up power supplied evenly from central control room. There are two cases:
(1) Centrally supply mains power to penbottom end, and place camera power adapter on end of camera. When wiring in this case, power line must be separated from video signal line, and power line must be protected by JDG tube
(2) Centrally supply DC power needed for camera to front, and place camera power adapter in rear control room. In this case, when wiring, power line and video line can share same line, and requirements are not strict. Next, PVC pipes can be used. At same time, pay attention to relationship between DC transmission distance and wire diameter. The farther transmission, larger required wire diameter.
24. What is wide dynamic range?
Wide dynamic shooting technology is a technology that allows camera to see characteristics of an image when optical fiber contrast is very strong. When image contains both areas of high brightness photographed by bright light sources (sunlight, lamps or reflections, etc.) and areas of relatively low brightness such as shadows and backlight, image output by camera will be bright. areas due to overexposure. The dark area becomes black due to underexposure, which seriously affects image quality. Camera performance in brightest and darkest areas in same scene is limited. This limitation is commonly referred to as "dynamic range".
25. What are most common factors that affect stability of network monitoring?
(1) Network bandwidth and switch configuration.
(2) The quality of network cable and transmission cable are related.
(3) The quality of auxiliary materials such as crystal heads and technical level of construction personnel.
(4) Selection of main equipment, topological line planning, complex construction and testing of project.