April 24, 2023
The monitoring system is an indispensable security barrier in our lives. It has penetrated all areas of banking, supermarkets, shopping malls, factories, schools, communities, public transportation, etc. and has become an invisible wing to protect security. .
However, monitoring system is also a pair of wings that are easy to hurt. Any component failure or configuration issue can cause monitoring system to fail. Only when maintenance work is done properly can it serve community better, so it is best to find a professional who will be responsible for maintaining monitoring system.
Monitoring system maintenance includes content
Monitoring system maintenance work includes more complex content, including line maintenance, central equipment maintenance, camera maintenance, hard disk recorder maintenance, and auxiliary equipment maintenance. When choosing a repair team, other party must meet following six requirements:
1. Find, troubleshoot, and investigate hidden hazards in video and camera power lines.
2. Checking soldering of all interfaces and line interfaces, replacing video heads, etc.
3. Maintenance, position adjustment, equipment repair and replacement, troubleshooting, etc. front camera monitoring system.
4. Host hardware detection monitoring, hardware dusting, system maintenance, hardware maintenance, system expansion, troubleshooting, etc.
5. Switching image matrix and monitor screen, tour
6. Software discovery monitoring, software update, software maintenance, data backup, troubleshooting, etc.
Monitoring system maintenance method
Below we provide monitoring system maintenance specification. If you have a need for maintenance, please refer to this specification to check if service team is qualified.
1. Comprehensive study of system
After signing maintenance contract, conduct a detailed inspection of object:
Main content includes:
(1) Computer room for monitoring environment.
(2) Operating environment of equipment.
(3) Installation location and working condition of all equipment.
(4) Line usage, line laying path, connection method, etc.
(5) Whether all line interfaces, all video heads and terminals are securely connected.
(6) Switches and patrols monitor image screens.
(7) Software usage and software updates.
(8) Back up system data.
In process of performing above work, an appropriate system connection diagram, a protection zone point distribution diagram, a monitoring point distribution diagram, and assistance of relevant personnel are required.
2. Regular field inspection
(1) Check problems reported by customers within fault response time, and repair or provide spare parts for troubleshooting in a timely manner to ensure normal operation of monitoring system and normal use by customers.
(2) Perform a comprehensive quarterly inspection of BNC connectors, power connectors, power supplies, and other accessories subject to signal loss and aging. If aging is detected, they should be replaced and welded in a timely manner. .
(3) According to operating instructions of each part of security monitoring system, check its various technical parameters and quality of transmission line of monitoring system every two quarters, troubleshoot possible failures, and help monitoring manager to establish various data such as usage levels. Make sure all parts of equipment are in good condition and can work properly.
(4) Dedust and clean equipment once a year, dust off monitoring equipment, remove camera, protective cover and other components, and carefully blow off dust, and then wipe each lens. cotton with anhydrous alcohol, adjust cleanliness, prevent dust from being sucked into body of monitoring equipment due to factors such as machine operation and static electricity, and ensure that machine runs normally. Simultaneously check and monitor ventilation, heat dissipation, dust removal, power supply and other objects in observation room.
(5) Monitor operation status of security monitoring system equipment, analyze operation status, find and fix faults in a timely manner, provide customer with a report on operation status of system and maintenance every six months.
(6) Offer suggestions for daily maintenance and daily use in a timely manner according to frequent or possibleVarious use cases for a user monitoring system.
3. Phone Support
For temporary use, operation, or other simple non-malfunction problems, you can directly contact a technical service engineer by phone for problem solutions, operation methods, and technical advice.
4. Onsite technical support
During maintenance period, if all monitoring system equipment (such as monitoring host, camera, etc.) is damaged under normal use, maintenance department is responsible for replacing them, and cost of equipment and accessories will be specified in maintenance contract. maintenance depending on method of maintenance carried by Party. After maintenance, inform user of problem situation and processing results, send maintenance report, sign it and keep it for record.
If problems arise with use of equipment, maintenance aspect should clearly explain and guide correct use, and make reasonable suggestions.